Sunday, October 30, 2011

More organic veg

More organic veg are on my table tonight. Picked a second crop of radish this afternoon (I can't believe how many people don't like these hot little numbers!) and a lovely bunch of silver beet - not sure how I will use it tonight.

I noticed my broad beans have flowers ready to open over the next few days, but I also saw some rust on the lower leaves :(  not good!

The weather in Wellington was superb today and has made me realise I need to take a bottle of water with me each time I go up there - I took a book to read and it was great to sit there and have tui singing in the background.

Tasks achieved this afternoon, weeding, and planting two capsicums plants, and two hot chilli plants I'd grown on my balcony: there are still four plants in pots on the balcony so it will be intersting to see how each perform.